Become An Instructor
Join our team!
Looking to become an instructor of online PDH courses and webinars? We are always looking for experienced instructors with over twenty years of industry experience. If you are a licensed professional in the field of Engineering, Architecture or Land Surveying, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for instructors with original course material that should be “with a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice” as defined by NCEES. Courses can be in any field related to one of the professions listed above.
How To Become An Instructor
Join our team!
Apply to become an instructor
Please fill in the form on the left with your details. With your application, please include the following information:
- Proposed course material
- Proposed number of PDH hours / CEU units
- Course description and a brief outline
- Learning objectives
- Your resume highlighting your professional and teaching experience
Please note that the material needs to be original and written by yourself.
Our external instructor program has a generous revenue sharing of up to 50% of net revenues.
Once our Content Team reviews the submitted material, we will respond to you within two weeks with the decision if your course meets our criteria and is accepted for inclusion in our continuing education offering.
We thank you for your interest and are looking forward to our cooperation.
Following are the course guidelines recommended for PDH Star online courses:
- Your online course topics should be “with a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice” as defined by NCEES. The topic can be related to the practice of Professional Engineers, Registered Architects or Professional Land Surveyors
- Your courses and lecture notes / presentation must be original material. No courses based on reproduction of public domain available material will be accepted
- All course materials have to be submitted in editable electronic file format
- If the course materials contain graphics, photographs or other images, they should be included and embedded in the document submitted. If graphics, photographs or other images are being submitted separately, they should be in the form of image files (jpg)
- The author should estimate the approximate study time required for an attendee (student) to review and comprehend the course materials and to pass the quiz successfully. As a general guideline, 10 pages of course material equal approximately 1 PDH hour
- The study time for each course should be maximum 8 hours (8 PDH units). If possible, one long course should be split into two to reduce study time
- Course description should be two to three paragraphs explaining the course content and benefits of taking the course. It should also list the intended audience for the course
- Learning objectives should be based on S.M.A.R.T. principles – each PDH hour should have 2-3 learning objectives
- Quiz questions: 10 questions for 1-2 PDH courses, with 5 additional questions for each additional PDH hour
- Questions can be multiple choice single answer, multiple choice multiple answers, true or false (maximum 30% of questions) with maximum of five choices for multiple choice questions and correct answers clearly labeled
- Further details can be provided upon request