1-Hour Asbestos and Lead Awareness
- NYC DOB SST, SST Specialized Electives
- 381 (Registered)
1 Hour Asbestos & Lead Awareness Site Safety Training Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take the 1 Hour Asbestos & Lead Awareness course?
In this 1-Hour Asbestos and Lead Awareness (SST-B201) course, trainees will become generally familiar with the health effects of asbestos and lead in the workplace. They will be able to recognize places and locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry as well as be able to avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead. Trainees should become aware of administrative safety requirements associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace. This course is designed for Site Safety Training (SST) credit for NYC DOB Local Law 196 requirements.
This course counts towards the 62 Hour Supervisor SST card.
This course is actively proctored through facial biometric recognition that satisfies the requirements of the Local Law 196.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the historic uses of asbestos and lead
- Explain the potential health hazards from exposure to asbestos and lead containing materials
- List the steps to take when encountering asbestos containing materials (ACM) and lead-based paint (LBP) on the worksite
Chapter 1: What is asbestos?
Chapter 2: How Does Asbestos Affect the Human Body?
Chapter 3: Where Can Asbestos Be Found?
Chapter 4: How to Avoid Exposure to Asbestos
Chapter 5: What is Lead?
Chapter 6: How Does Lead Affect the Human Body?
Chapter 7: Where Can Lead Be Found?
Chapter 8: How to Avoid Or Control Exposure to Lead
Chapter 9: Course Summary