1-Hour Hoisting and Rigging
- NYC DOB SST, SST General Electives
- 8 (Registered)
1 Hour Hoisting and Rigging Site Safety Training (SST) Online Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take the 1 Hour Hoisting and Rigging online SST course?
Rigging is a process of securing heavy materials to be lifted with a crane or other lifting devices. Lifting heavy items, sometimes to great heights, posses hazards for the workers in the construction zone. Dozens of workers die every year from lifting related accidents, for example by being struck by falling objects, or electrocution when working close to power lines. This course covers proper rigging and hoisting techniques, and identifies main hazards and how to avoid them.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker or supervisor are required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one (1) hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
This general elective online SST training course contributes towards the required 32-hour Supervisor SST mandatory training. After successful completion of the course you will be able to immediately download the Certificate of Completion.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand and be able to explain hoisting and rigging activities
- Understand and be able to explain the basic science behind hoisting and rigging activities
- List persons, and be able to understand their roles and duties in hoisting and rigging activities
- List and be able to explain basic knots used in the hoisting and rigging activities
- Describe how to use and care for hoisting and rigging equipment
- List required rigging inspections
Hoisting and rigging definition
The basic science behind hoisting and rigging
People involved in rigging and hoisting activities
Basic rope knots
Use and care of rigging and hoisting equipment
SST-106 Final Assessment
great value for the time and money!!!!
Very interesting and useful content. Well worth the time
Really good course. Learned a lot