4-Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher SCA-201
- NYC DOB SST, SST Prescribed Courses, SST SUPERVISOR, SST WORKER
- 15 (Registered)
4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher SST – Blended Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take the 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker and supervisor are required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides four hours towards the satisfaction of the supervisor requirement.
Supported scaffold user training and refresher training program provides a basic explanation of supported scaffolds and supported scaffold components. The course will introduce the elements of supported scaffold safety and common supported scaffolds hazards while placing an emphasis on hazard reduction and prevention which includes fall protection, scaffold inspections, hazard recognition, and responding appropriately to emergency situations.
At the end of the course, following a successful completion of the test, the student can download the Certificate of Completion and will receive the Scaffold User Card that is a requirement to work on a scaffold in NYC
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As per New York City Department of Buildings directive from 28 May 2020, online portion of the course is only valid towards the NYC DOB Site Safety Training (SST) card. This online course alone cannot be used to obtain the 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher Card. To obtain the scaffold card you need to take the 1 Hour in-person part of this course as well, included in the cost of your course. Next date for the in-person part of the course:
Date and Time: 4/4/2023
Location: Chelsea, New York 10001
- 100% attendance of the online class and in-person portion of the class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring online attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define terms associated with supported scaffolds
- Explain safety standards associated with supported scaffolds
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of critical personnel when working near or on supported scaffolding
- Identify typical hazards associated with supported scaffolds and list steps to avoid such hazards
- Describe common hazard controls associated with supported scaffolds
Lesson 1: Why is supported Scaffold safety Important?
Lesson 2: Introduction to supported Scaffolds
Lesson 3: Supported Scaffold Accidents
Lesson 4: Responsibilities at a Multi-Employer Site
Lesson 5: OSHA Standards for Supported Scaffolds
Lesson 6: NYC Building Code for
Lesson 9: The Compliance-Officer Game
Lesson 10: Resources
Very good course, I will definitely recommend it to others.