40 Hour Site Safety Manager SAF-102
- 0 (Registered)
Why take the 40 Hour Site Safety Manager course?
The 40 Hour Site Safety Manager training course is a comprehensive review of New York City building Code Chapter 33, and the Rules of the City of New York related to safety of workers on the construction site as well as safety of the general public. The purpose of this course is to prepare candidates for safe work practices in accordance with NYC rules and regulations, and prepare them for the Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator exam.
The 40 Hour Site Safety Manager training course is one of the pre-requisites an applicant must successfully complete before being eligible to apply for Site Safety Manager Certificate Examination in New York City. In addition, this course fulfills the training course requirements for Site Safety Coordinator and Construction Superintendent Certification in New York City. To see full requirement for obtaining a Site Safety Manager certification please click here.
To refresh the Site Safety Manager license you can complete our 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher / Chapter 33 course.
40 Hour Site Safety Manager Course Curriculum
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Site Safety Management
- Construction Site Accidents
- NYC Site Safety Manager Certification Requirements
- OSHA 1926 Overview – Safety & Health Regulations for Construction
- Focus Four Hazards
- NYC Codes Overview (all applicable codes, rules, related Department policy statements, regulatory notices, bulletins and memos)
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview ( all applicable administrative standard operating procedures, policy & procedure notices, permits/department notifications, forms, filing & site documents, plans, inspection checklists/logs and wind & weather advisories)
- Site Safety Plan Requirements
- Jobsite Safety Violations
- Safe Use of Tools on the Jobsite
- Safety Protocols for Concrete, Standpipe Inspection, Cranes & Derricks, Supported/Suspended Scaffolds & Sheds
- Reoccurring Jobsite Safety Problems
- Jobsite Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- Reporting Unsafe Conditions
- Reporting integrity issues
- 100% attendance of the class is mandatory
- Full completion of PDH Star registration form
- Actively participate in all course activities
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and explain roles and responsibilities of NYC DOB licensed site safety persons
- Apply relevant provisions of NYC DOB Chapter 33 code
- Identify safety measures to protect public and property on construction and demolition projects in NYC
- Identity requirements and compile a Site Safety Plan
- Identify safety protocols for Concrete, Standpipe Inspection, Cranes & Derricks, Supported/Suspended Scaffolds & Sheds
- Address reoccurring jobsite safety problems
- Identify and apply jobsite emergency situations & preparedness procedures
- Report unsafe jobsite conditions and integrity issues
No make-up time is allowed for this course. Students who miss any portion of the course will need to make arrangements with PDH STAR to attend another course. Additional course fees may apply.
Curriculum is empty