40-Hour SST for New Entrants
- 3 (Registered)
40-Hour SST for New Entrants
Why take the 40-Hour for New Entrants SST package?
The 40-Hour SST for New Entrants Package includes all courses required for you to obtain the Worker Site Safety SST Card. If you are looking to start working in the New York City construction industry as soon as possible and get the official Site Safety SST card, this is the package you should take. In order to enter the City of New York construction market, construction workers are required to complete a minimum of 10 hours of approved site safety training and to obtain the Temporary SST card as proof of completion of the training. They then have 6 months to complete additional 30 Hours of SST training and obtain the Site Safety SST card valid for 5 years. This package includes both the OSHA 10 (minimum requirement for the Temporary SST card), as well as the 30 Hour of SST training to allow the trainee to obtain the Site Safety SST card.
By taking the OSHA approved 10 hour construction outreach training, you will receive the official DOL OSHA card.
The package includes the cost of the Temporary and Site Safety SST Cards.
How does it work?
Below is a simple step-by-step process of how to take advantage of the 40-Hour SST for New Entrants package:
Step 1: sign up for the 40-Hour SST for New Entrants package
Step 2: complete the OSHA 10 course. This can be completed in 1.5 days (OSHA limits online courses to 7.5 hours per day)
Step 3: Apply and receive the Temporary SST card, valid for 6 months. You can start working legally in construction in New York City
Step 4: Complete (within 6 months) the other 30 hours of SST courses included in this package.
Step 5: Apply and receive the Site Safety SST card, valid for 5 years.
What is included in the 40-Hour Worker SST package?
This 40-Hour SST for New Entrants online package consists of 13 courses to fulfill the complete NYC DOB requirements for a Worker Site Safety SST Card:
For Temporary SST card:
For Site Safety SST card 30-Hour SST package consisting of:
- 8-Hour Fall Prevention
- 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33
- 4-Hour Supported Scaffold
- 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- 1-Hour Electrocution Prevention
- 1-Hour Handling Heavy Materials and Proper Lifting Techniques
- 1-Hour hoisting and Rigging
- 1-Hour Protection form Sun Exposure
- 1-Hour Asbestos and Lead Awareness
- 1-Hour Ergonomics
- 1-Hour Confined Space Entry
- 1-Hour Excavations
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
For learning objectives see individual course pages.
Curriculum is empty
Very important course for me
Great course learned a-lot
Great course learned a lot