A-007 Terrorism Mitigation – Vulnerability Assessment
- 7 (Registered)
Terrorism Mitigation – Vulnerability Assessment
The Terrorism Mitigation Guide – Vulnerability Assessment online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. This course highlights threat mitigation of terrorist attacks against high occupancy buildings, a challenging task. It is difficult to predict how, why, and when terrorists may attack. Many factors must be considered in creating a safe building environment.
This course presents methodologies for architects and engineers to quantify risk and to identify the most effective mitigation measures to achieve a desired level of protection against terrorist attacks at an acceptable cost. These methodologies can be used for new buildings during the design process, as well as for existing buildings undergoing renovation.
The online PDH course is based on Chapter 1, “Asset Value, Threat/Hazard, Vulnerability, and Risk” of the FEMA Publication tilted, “Mitigating Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings” (FEMA 426).
This course is intended to be used by architects, civil and structural, mechanical, electrical engineers, façade designers and others interested in learning about building terrorism mitigation and vulnerability assessment.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify methodologies to determine asset value, analyze the threat/hazard, and evaluate vulnerabilities to complete a risk assessment
- Determine levels of risk
- Describe an asset value assessment
- Identify the organizations that can provide threat/hazard assessment information
- Describe a vulnerability assessment
- Rank buildings using the Department of Justice (DoJ) Threat/Hazard Assessment
- Define risk assessment
- Apply risk factors to various building functions and programs
- Use the Building Vulnerability Assessment Checklist
A-007 Terrorism Mitigation - Vulnerability Assessment
The course provided a lot of information that is applicable to many design and construction projects.