A-013 Transit Security – Infrastructure
- Building Design, PDH Courses and Webinars, Project Management, Structural
- 10 (Registered)
Transit Security – Infrastructure
The Transit Security – Infrastructure online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. This course provides an overview of transit infrastructure including the stationary assets in a system such as real estate, buildings, tunnels, and rail tracks.
As transit agencies across the United States take steps to protect their systems from possible terrorist attacks, agency decision makers are confronted with numerous security issues and demands. They must assess passengers, system assets, and potential threats, and determine which threats are most likely and which have the potential to cause the most damage.
The information presented would be a resource for transit agency decision makers, members of design, construction and operations departments, security and law enforcement personnel and consultants and contractors, in developing an effective and affordable security strategy following the completion of a threat and vulnerability assessment and development of a comprehensive plan.
The online PDH course is based on United States Department of Transportation publication titled “Transit Security Design Considerations”.
This course is intended to be used by architects, all engineers and project managers and other construction professionals interested in learning about transit security and infrastructure.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Summarize categories of infrastructure as the relate to fixed sites and facilities within a system
- Describe infrastructure characteristics
- Provide details on the concept of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Discuss how the design of architectural features on a site can aid in surveillance, help deny an opportunity for attack, and reduce injuries and property damage in case of an event
- Outline security approaches for types of transit infrastructure
A-013 Transit Security - Infrastructure
The course content was very informative.