A-014 Transit Security – Vehicles
- 0 (Registered)
Transit Security – Vehicles
The Transit Security – Vehicles online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. This course will help increase awareness and understanding of the relationship between vehicle design and security, and explain how transit policy makers and system designers can use the physical design of heavy rail, light rail (including trolleys), and bus vehicles to help protect their employees and passengers.
Vehicles are the foundation of every transit system; they provide the core service on which transit is based and are the primary interface with the public. As the most visible and most accessible elements of a transit system, vehicles are extremely exposed to possible attack. Transit system designers need to recognize this and determine how best to protect their vehicles against potential threats.
To support system decision makers and vehicle designers in this effort, this seminar presents
information on the following aspects of vehicle design and security:
- General security issues for transit staff
- Potential security threats to transit vehicles
- A comprehensive set of practical design considerations when preparing procurement specifications or fleet retrofits
- Vehicle design considerations relevant to security
- Lessons learned from national and international vehicle security events
The online PDH course is based on United States Department of Transportation publication titled “Transit Security Design Considerations”.
This course is intended to be used by architects, all engineers and project managers and other construction professionals interested in learning about transit security.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Better understanding of the relationship between vehicle design and security
- explain how transit policy makers and system designers can use the physical design of heavy rail, light rail (including trolleys), and bus vehicles to help protect their employees and passengers
- Identify practical, security-oriented design considerations to which transit agencies can refer when preparing their procurement specifications or retrofitting their fleet
- Assist transit agencies to make informed decisions about improving the security of their vehicle fleets