A-015 Building Information Modeling (BIM) Guide
- 6 (Registered)
Building Information Modeling (BIM) Guide
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) Guide online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. In 2009 the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) issued instructions that Industry Foundation Classes (IFC)-compliant BIM authoring tools be used as the architectural/engineering software for all major construction and renovation projects (capital projects appropriated at over $10M). This guidance applies to design and construction by the architects, engineers, other consultants, and contractors hired for those projects by VA. Topics include implementation, roles and responsibilities, collaboration procedures, project folder structure, data security, waivers, and 3-D model formats, structures, and requirements.
This course is based Department of Veteran Affairs publication “The VA BIM Guide”.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and importance of a BIM Management Plan (BMP)
- List the strategies for Design BMPs and Construction BMPs
- Determine BIM roles and responsibilities
- Discuss model sharing and access
- List the building systems for which BIM shall be used
- Review collaboration procedures for a BIM enabled project delivery process
- Identify the parties responsible for clash detection/coordination
- Cite final BIM deliverables