A-004 ADA Update – A Primer for State and Local Governments: 1 PDH
Description of the course / activity content:
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities. Under this law, people with disabilities are entitled to all of the rights, privileges, advantages, and opportunities that others have when participating in civic activities.
More than 55 million Americans—18% of our population—have disabilities, and they, like all Americans, participate in a variety of programs, services, and activities provided by their State and local governments.
This course provides general guidance to help architects, engineers, and public entities understand how to comply with the Justice Department’s revised ADA regulations and the 2010 Standards for accessible buildings.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify who is protected under the ADA
- Recognize general nondiscrimination requirements of the ADA
- Provide examples of reasonable modification policies and procedures
- Develop a policy dealing with service animals that complies with the ADA’s revised regulations
- List effective solutions to communicate with individuals with disabilities
- Understand the obligations to ensure individuals with disabilities have access to programs and services in existing facilities
- Determine how “safe Harbor” applies to the elements of existing facilities
- Determine the number of accessible parking spaces required by the ADA
- Plan for success to ensure ADA compliance
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 1 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online course, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 80%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 80% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 80% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
A-004 ADA Update - A Primer for State and Local Governments