A-014 Transit Security – Vehicles: 3 PDH
Description of the Transit Security – Vehicles course:
The Transit Security – Vehicles online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. This course will help increase awareness and understanding of the relationship between vehicle design and security, and explain how transit policy makers and system designers can use the physical design of heavy rail, light rail (including trolleys), and bus vehicles to help protect their employees and passengers.
Vehicles are the foundation of every transit system; they provide the core service on which transit is based and are the primary interface with the public. As the most visible and most accessible elements of a transit system, vehicles are extremely exposed to possible attack. Transit system designers need to recognize this and determine how best to protect their vehicles against potential threats.
To support system decision makers and vehicle designers in this effort, this seminar presents
information on the following aspects of vehicle design and security:
- General security issues for transit staff
- Potential security threats to transit vehicles
- A comprehensive set of practical design considerations when preparing procurement specifications or fleet retrofits
- Vehicle design considerations relevant to security
- Lessons learned from national and international vehicle security events
The online PDH course is based on United States Department of Transportation publication titled “Transit Security Design Considerations”.
This course is intended to be used by architects, all engineers and project managers and other construction professionals interested in learning about transit security.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Better understanding of the relationship between vehicle design and security
- explain how transit policy makers and system designers can use the physical design of heavy rail, light rail (including trolleys), and bus vehicles to help protect their employees and passengers
- Identify practical, security-oriented design considerations to which transit agencies can refer when preparing their procurement specifications or retrofitting their fleet
- Assist transit agencies to make informed decisions about improving the security of their vehicle fleets
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Building Design category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 3 hours to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 3 PDH online course, you will need to take a 15 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self