CE-020 Concrete Construction
- 14 (Registered)
This PDH online course is a part of the Civil Engineering course category.
This course provides information on the hazards inherent in working with concrete, and the steps you should take to provide for the safety of your crew. You will also learn about different characteristics associated with concrete form design and concrete mix design, reinforcement properties, as well as the procedures in batching concrete. At the completion of the course, you should be able to estimate concrete construction and labor, and identify the procedures and methods associated with precast and tilt-up construction.
This course is intended for civil and structural engineers and other construction professionals interested in learning about concrete construction.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand potential hazards in working with concrete and identify ways to safely work with concrete.
- Understand and be able to apply the principle objectives of using formwork; economy, quality, and safety.
- Identify the different types of reinforcing steel and understand the uses of each type.
- Determine the correct amount of cement, water, and coarse and fine aggregates for concrete mixtures. Understand the effects of admixtures.
- Identify precast and tilt-up construction. Understand methods for fabricating and placing precast members.
Good refresher course!