CE-085 Wastewater Treatment III – MBR: 3 PDH
Description of the Wastewater Treatment III – MBR course
The Wastewater Treatment III – MBR online PDH course is a part of the Civil Engineering category of courses.
The MBR (membrane bioreactor) process uses an aeration tank similar to those used in conventional activated sludge processes, combined with membrane filtration as a replacement for secondary sedimentation. This combination can produce a very high quality effluent, typically with a more compact reactor than conventional activated sludge, but requires a higher rate of aeration than conventional activated sludge in order to keep the membranes from fouling. The current typical MBR process configuration uses a membrane module submerged in the aeration tank.
This course includes discussion of process design calculations for the membrane module used in an MBR system, for an MBR aeration tank designed to provide BOD removal and nitrification, and for a pre-anoxic tank to go with an MBR BOD removal and nitrification system.
This course is intended primarily for civil engineers, environmental engineers, and chemical engineers. After completing this course you will be familiar with the general components and configuration of an MBR wastewater treatment process and be able to make typical process design calculations for an MBR process.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Be familiar with the components of and general configuration of an MBR wastewater treatment process
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of an MBR wastewater treatment process in comparison with a conventional activated sludge process
- Know the type of pretreatment typically required for an MBR wastewater treatment process
- Be able to carry out process design calculations to determine the required membrane area, membrane module volume and scouring air flow rate for an MBR wastewater treatment system
- Be able to carry out process design calculations for a BOD removal/nitrification MBR process in order to determine the required aeration tank volume, sludge wasting rate, air flow rate, and alkalinity addition
- Be able to carry out process design calculations for a Pre-Anoxic Denitrification MBR process in order to determine the required pre-anoxic tank volume, the reduced oxygen/air requirement, the reduced alkalinity requirement, the anoxic tank mixing power needed, and the sludge wasting rate
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Civil Engineering category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 3 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 3 PDH online course, you will need to take a 15-question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self