CPR and First Aid
- COMPLIANCE, Safety Courses
- 0 (Registered)
Why Take the CPR and First Aid Online Training Course?
CPR and First Aid online training course is a comprehensive 2-hour review of important first aid procedures such as performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), controlling bleeding, and reacting to potential poisonings.
Would you know what to do if someone near you passed out? What if you walked in to your kitchen and found a friend bleeding from a severe cut or burn? The choices you make can keep victims alive, well and comfortable while you wait for emergency help to arrive. Assessing what is wrong, calling for help and taking the right action based on the condition of the victim can even help you save a life. This suite of modules will refresh your memory about important first aid procedures such as performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), controlling bleeding, and reacting to potential poisonings. The information you learn will be helpful at home, at work and anywhere you go. The First Aid suite is ideal for everyone.
CPR and First Aid Course Curriculum
The following topics are included in the CPR and First Aid online training course:
- Finding Out What is Wrong
- Basic Life Support
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Shock and Anaphylaxis Care
- Burns and Electrical Shock
- Serious Injuries
- Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Sudden Illness
- Cold and Heat Emergencies
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of obtaining consent before performing first aid
- Know what constitutes abandonment
- Recall how to prevent the transmission of disease during first aid
- Recognize situations in which it is acceptable to move a victim
- Recall how to safely move a victim
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR Terms & Conditions for online courses
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
- Eligible to receive the wallet size card following the successful completion of the course (order through link below)
Order your wallet size QR scannable card. Please read the requirements below before ordering.