E-002 Alternating Current
- 9 (Registered)
The Alternating Current 8 hour PDH online course is a part of the Electrical category courses. This online engineering course introduces the basic concepts of alternating current (AC) electrical circuits and discusses the associated terminology. It describes inductance and capacitance and their effects on AC circuits. It presents power calculations for single-phase and three-phase AC circuits and includes the power triangle concept.
Furthermore, it describes the operating characteristics of AC generators and includes terminology, methods of voltage production, and methods of paralleling AC generation sources. This course also explains the basic operation and application of voltage regulators. Finally, it explains the theory of operation of AC motors and discusses the various types of AC motors and their application.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to electrical and computer engineers, design and construction personnel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of AC systems.
This course is based on Modules 7 to 13 of the Department of Energy Publication DOE-HDBK-1011/2-92, “Electrical Science” publication.
This course is intended for use by electrical engineers, facility managers, construction professionals, students and others interested in learning about alternating current.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand AC generation and analysis
- Understand inductance, capacitance, impedance and resonance
- Understand the power triangle
- Understand three-phase circuits
- Understand AC generator components, theory and operation
- Identify and understand the different components of a voltage regulator
- Understand AC motors and different their types
- Understand the transformers and their different types