ELR-059 OSHA Fatal Facts: 4 PDH
- 5 (Registered)
Description of the OSHA Fatal Facts course
The OSHA Fatal Facts online PDH course is a part of the Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses.
In the United States, about 5000 workers die each year in accidents on the job. Many of these accidents are the result of a failure to follow proper work practices. To increase awareness of this situation, OSHA maintains on its website a collection of “Fatal Facts”—summaries of accidents in which one or more workers died because of improper work practices. These summaries often make for gripping reading because they show repeatedly how simple mistakes can lead to tragic deaths. The present course focuses on thirty of the accident summaries, selected to provide exposure to a wide variety of accident types. The accident summaries are supplemented by a discussion of industrial accidents in general and the construction industry in particular. In addition, the lessons distilled from the accident summaries are used to formulate three common-sense principles of accident prevention.
This course is intended primarily for all construction professionals and others who are responsible for employee safety and OSHA compliance in potentially hazardous occupations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State the three common-sense principles of accident prevention
- State the approximate number of workers who die each year from work-related injuries
- List OSHA’s accident prevention recommendations for falls, asphyxiation, nail guns, trenches, electrocution and working near machinery
- Describe the importance of worker training, both in competence in operating equipment and in awareness of hazards existing on a particular job site
- Describe the importance of supervision and enforcement of proper work practices
- Name OSHA resources available for helping employers reduce hazards occurring in particular situations
- Describe the extent and types of work-related accidents occurring in the United States
- List the most frequently cited OSHA violations
- Describe the disproportionate role played by falls in the fatal accidents totals
- Explain the importance of having a designated competent person present on the site
- List the Fatal Four leading causes of construction accidents
- List five different types of work-place accidents that can lead to serious injury or death
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 4 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 4 PDH online course, you will need to take a 20 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package