EN-006 Oily Wastewater Collection and Treatment
- 2 (Registered)
Oily Wastewater Collection and Treatment
The Oily Wastewater Collection and Treatment online PDH course is a part of the Environmental Engineering category of courses. This course provides an introduction to oil wastewater collection and distribution. Oily wastewater typically is found aboard ships, and at seaports, airports, fuel farms, and industrial facilities. Section 311(b)(3) of the FWPCA prohibits the discharge of oil in harmful quantities into or upon the navigable waters of the United States. As indicated in the Title 40 CFR Part 110, Discharge of Oil, discharges in quantities that violate applicable water quality standards and cause a visible sheen upon the water are considered harmful. Treatment of oil discharges or oily wastes is frequently required.
After completion of this course you will have an understanding of methods and techniques for collecting and treating oily wastewater.
This course is intended for civil, environmental and mechanical engineers, and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to methods for collection and treatment of oily wastewater generated at facilities such as seaports, airports, fuel storage facilities, and various industrial sites.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Learn about oily wastewater collection and treatment aboard ships and at seaports;
- Learn about typical oily wastewater effluent characteristics;
- Learn methods of point source control;
- Learn how to dispose of oily waste and sludge that results from collection and treatment;
- Learn how to estimate oily wastewater quantities generated at seaports;
- Learn about shoreside collection systems; and
- Learn about chemical treatment systems and methods,
Good oil and grease removal review but specializes in ships somewhat.