ELR-008 Florida Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers: 1 PDH
Description of the Florida Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers course
The Florida Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers online PDH course is a part of the Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses.
This course covers the following topics as required by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers:
- A.C.: changes to Chapters 455 and 471, F.S.; rules adopted, amended, or repealed during the immediately preceding biennium;
- List of resources used to develop the course content;
- Application of the provisions of Chapter 471 F.S. to individual disciplinary cases and unlicensed practice cases during the immediately preceding biennium (optional);
- The laws and rules of the Board pertaining to signing and sealing, responsibility rules, certification, and responsible charge (optional).
This Laws and Rules course is intended to fulfill Florida Board of Professional Engineer’s Laws and Rules requirement and is based on changes in the preceding biennium to Florida Statutes, Chapters 455 and 471, and Florida disciplinary case studies.
This course is intended for use by all engineering professionals, students and others interested in learning about Laws and Rules of the State of Florida.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the laws and rules governing the practice of engineering in State of Florida
- Understand changes made to the Florida Statutes in the preceding biennium
- Understand implication of non-compliance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers rules and laws through study of disciplinary case studies
- Access references used in the preparation of this course
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers. In an unlikely case the continuing education credit is rejected by the Florida board, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 1 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz
Evaluation method / Course Quiz
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online course, you will need to take a 10 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. You would also need to confirm that you have taken the test on your own without any help from others in a second 1-question quiz. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion
This course is specifically created to address Florida state continuing education requirements and is accepted by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
For detailed state by state requirements click here
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 9
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
ELR-008 Florida Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers