HAZWOPER: Site Characterization
- HAZWOPER, HAZWOPER Modules
- 0 (Registered)
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: What Is It?
HAZWOPER site characterization and analysis identifies the safety and health hazards on a hazardous waste site so that they can be controlled. Site characterization must be done before cleanup begins on a hazardous waste site and conditions must be monitored after site characterization to detect changes.
Every site has specific hazards and no two sites are alike. Site Characterization helps in identifying site specific hazards and determines hazard controls to be used, as well as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used by the employees entering the site.
Why Take The HAZWOPER Site Characterization Online Training?
HAZWOPER Site Characterization module teaches you how to identify and classify hazardous waste sites, and how to determine the required controls and PPE to be used when entering such a site. The training is based on the OSHA HAZWOPER Standard.
- Understand who can perform site characterization
- Describe the steps in site characterization process
- List the type of information and documentation required for site characterization
- Describe most common hazards to look for during the site characterization
- Describe and explain the Threshold Limit Value (TLV)
- Describe and explain the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- Describe and explain the Recommended Exposure Limit (REL)
- Understand the requirements and how to implement the ongoing Monitoring Program.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Other HAZWOPER Training
PDH STAR offers other training related to the OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) standard. The training available includes:
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Introduction
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Types of Site Characterization
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Offsite Characterization
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Onsite Characterization
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Monitoring and Record Keeping
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Hazard Assessment
- HW-SC-05.01 Hazard Assessment
- HW-SC-05.02 Threshold Limit Value
- HW-SC-05.03 Permissible Exposure Limit
- HW-SC-05.04 Recommended Exposure Limit
- HW-SC-05.05 IDLH Concentrations
- HW-SC-05.06 Potential Skin Absorption and Irritation
- HW-SC-05.07 Potential Eye Irritation
- HW-SC-05.08 Explosion and Flammability Ranges
- HW-SC-05.09 Hazardous Substance Information Form
HAZWOPER Site Characterization: Module Final Assessment