HS-004 Stairways and Ladders
- 0 (Registered)
Stairways and Ladders
The Stairways and Ladders online PDH course is a part of the Health and Safety category of courses. This course provides guidance on OSHA rules regarding stairways and ladders and dangers that they present.
Working on and around stairways and ladders is hazardous. Stairways and ladders are major sources of injuries and fatalities among construction workers for example, and many of the injuries are serious enough to require time off the job. OSHA rules apply to all stairways and ladders used in construction, alteration, repair, painting, decorating and demolition of worksites covered by OSHA’s construction safety and health standards.
This course is based on OSHA document OSHA 3124-12R 2003 “Stairways and Ladders: A guide to OSHA rules”.
This course is intended for use by all architects, engineers, land surveyors, design and construction professionals, health and safety officers, students and others interested in learning about stairways and ladders safety considerations.
This course is intended for use by all engineers, design and construction professionals, health and safety officers, students and others interested in learning about electrical hazard in construction.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the general requirements of when and where stairs and ladders are required
- Explain various types of ladders used in construction and describe specific requirements to their maintenance and conditions
- Describe various safety devices used with ladders and explain when they are required
- Explain rules for stairways used during construction
- List safety requirements for permanent and temporary stairs such as handrails