LS-003 Accuracy Standards for Land Survey: 3 PDH
Description of the Accuracy Standards for Land Survey course
Accuracy Standards for Land Survey 3 hour PDH online course is a part of the Land Surveying category courses. This course sets forth accuracy standards and other related criteria that are recommended for use in large scale site plan topographic surveys for engineering and construction purposes. These standards relate to surveys performed to locate, align, and stake out construction for projects, e.g., buildings, utilities, roadways, runways, flood control and navigation projects, etc. In many cases, these engineering surveys are performed to provide the base horizontal and vertical control used for area mapping, GIS development, preliminary planning studies, detailed site plan drawings for construction plans, construction measurement and payment, preparing as-built drawings, installation master planning mapping, future maintenance and repair activities, and other products. Most engineering surveying standards currently used are based on local practice, or may be contained in state minimum technical standards.
This course is intended for civil engineers and professional land surveyors wanting to learn about accuracy standards for land surveys.
This online PDH course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about general surveying and mapping specifications. for construction plans, maps, facility plans, and CADD/GIS databases;
- Learn about published surveying and mapping accuracy standards, such as the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (ACSM), and the American Land Title Association (ALTA);
- Learn about quality control (QC) practices for contracted surveying and mapping work to be performed by a contractor;
- Learn why, when practical, feasible, or applicable, projects should be adequately referenced to nationwide or worldwide coordinate systems directly derived from, or indirectly connected to, GPS satellite observations;
- Learn how engineering and construction surveys are normally specified and classified based on the horizontal (linear) point closure ratio or a vertical elevation difference closure standard; and
- Find out about construction survey procedural and accuracy specifications developed by recognized industry and local practices.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This online PDH continuing education course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Land Surveying please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This continuing education | PDH course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 3 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 3 PDH online course, you will need to take a 15 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here
Do you need help choosing the right PDH course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Horizontal Control Survey Techniques
Good course, that detailed the requirements to get the job done without going overboard in accuracy and requirements. Thank you.