M-006 Energy Efficient HVAC Controls
- 1 (Registered)
Energy Efficient HVAC Controls
The Energy Efficient HVAC Controls online PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses. This course will give engineers and others an introduction to controls for HVAC systems that will allow for their efficient and cost-effective operation.
This course covers automatic temperature and humidity controls, space pressurization controls, safety controls, and energy monitoring and central supervisory control systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. The control system shall be a complete, reliable, fully functional, maintainable, fully integrated, addressable, control system that has been properly designed, installed, and commissioned. In existing facilities, the design shall be integrated and interfaced into the existing control system so that the new equipment and conditions can be controlled and monitored similar to the existing controlled equipment.
This course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers, and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to energy efficient control systems for HVAC systems.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Learn when to apply and not-apply humidity controls;
- Learn what parameters to monitor and control for air handlers;
- Learn about the conditions to be controlled at central HVAC plants;
- Learn about the special control issues with variable-air-volume (VAV) systems;
- Learn the importance of contractor submittals for control systems;
- Learn about the limited situations where simultaneous heating and cooling controls may be allowable;
- Learn about mechanical ventilation controls;
- Learn the fundamentals of energy conservation control schemes; and
- Learn about fire and smoke protection controls on HVAC systems.