M-008 Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers
- 5 (Registered)
Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers
The Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers online PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses. This online course provides the student with information on the various types of boiler designs available in the industry. It provides details on the different types of fuels and the aspects of emissions controls that must be taken into consideration. Upon completion of the course, the student will gain an understanding on the various types of burners, their characteristics, and how and why they are paired with a particular boiler type.
This course is based on Chapter 2, “Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers” of the Department of Energy (DOE) Publication “Guide to Low-Emission Boiler and Combustion Equipment Selection”.
This course is intended for use by mechanical engineers, public health engineers and other construction professionals interested in learning about boiler types and application.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between fire-tube and water tube boilers
- Understand various types of boiler outputs such as steam and hot water
- Understand the various types of burner designs and when they are used in different applications
- Gain an understanding of the different fuel-feed systems
- Understand the importance of emission rates and guidelines that regulate them
M-008 Industrial Commercial and Institutional Boilers