M-010 Compressed Air Systems
- 4 (Registered)
Compressed Air Systems
The Compressed Air System online 3 PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses.
This online course provides the student with information regarding the operation of compressed air systems and where they can normally be found in buildings or in plant operations. Generating compressed air for controls or various different processes can be very costly when not operating efficiently. This course will guide you to understanding where inefficiencies can be found and how to correct them to save you on operational expenses.
This course is based on US Department of Energy publication “Energy Tips – Compressed Air”.
This course is intended for mechanical and other engineers, design and construction professionals wanting to learn about efficiencies in compressed air systems.
At the end of this PDH online continuing education course, you will:
- Understand the basics of compressed air system components
- Understand the proper use and set up of compressed air plants to maximize operational efficiency
- Calculate the cost of operating a compressed air plant
- Understand what are the general causes that make a compressed air plant run inefficiently and how to correct them
- Prepare a preventative maintenance strategy so that your compressed air plant runs smoothly from the beginning
- Understand different compressed air plant control strategies