M-012 Double Containment and Lined Piping Systems
- 9 (Registered)
Double Containment and Lined Piping Systems
The Double Containment and Lined Piping Systems online 2 PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses.
This online course provides the student with information on the design and installation of double containment piping systems and lined piping systems. Double containment piping design has not been standardized. However, some aspects of the design are very similar to single pipe networks, and their principles can be extended to double containment and lined piping systems.
This course is based on Chapters 8 and 9 of the “Liquid Process Piping” engineering manual, published by the United States Army of Corps of Engineers, Publication Number EM 1110-1-4008.
This course is intended for mechanical, civil, process & industrial and oil & gas engineers, and other design and construction professionals wanting to learn about double containment and lined piping systems.
At the end of this PDH online continuing education course, you will:
- Select the appropriate materials for double containment and lined piping systems
- Understand the mechanisms for pipe failure and calculate the associated stresses
- Select appropriate leak detection systems for double containment piping
- Understand the different joining methods and pipe installation methods
- Understand thermal expansion and it’s affects on the piping systems
- Understand the proper use and set up of compressed air plants to maximize operational efficiency