M-013 Mechanical Engineering Drawings
- 2 (Registered)
Mechanical Engineering Drawings
The Mechanical Engineering Drawings online PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses. This online mechanical engineering PDH course provides guidelines on how engineering drawings are laid out, information that needs to be included on the drawings, typical symbols and abbreviations related to mechanical engineering and provides helpful advice on how to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings.
The ability to read and understand information contained on drawings is essential to perform most engineering-related jobs. Engineering drawings are the industry’s means of communicating detailed and accurate information on how to fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and operate a piece of equipment or a system. To understand how to “read” a drawing it is necessary to be familiar with the standard conventions, rules, and basic symbols used on the various types of drawings. This online engineering course will give you the fundamentals on how to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings such as engineering fluid drawings and prints, as well as piping and instrument drawings, including major symbols and conventions.
The online PDH course is based on Modules 1 and 2 of the Department of Energy publication tilted “DOE Fundamentals Handbook Engineering Symbology, Prints, and Drawings Volume 1 of 2”.
This course is intended to be used by mechanical engineers, architects and others engineers and construction professionals interested in learning about how to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the five types of information provided in the title block of an engineering drawing
- Explain how the grid system on an engineering drawing is used to locate a piece of equipment
- State the three types of information provided in the revision block of an engineering drawing.
- Explain the purpose of the notes and legend section of an engineering drawing
- List the five drawing categories used on engineering drawings
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for various types of valves
- Recognize the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for various types of valves operators
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for educators and ejectors
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for the various lines
- Recognize the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for various basic types of Instrumentation
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs to denote the location, either local or board mounted, of instruments, indicators, and controllers
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for various types of instrument signal controllers and modifiers
- Identify the symbols used on engineering P&IDs for various types of system components
- State how various valve conditions are depicted on an engineering P&ID
- Identify the symbols used on engineering fluid power drawings for various components
- Determine the operation or resultant action of the stated component when hydraulic pressure is applied/removed
It had a lot of useful information and is a good reference.