M-044 Cooling Tower Water Treatment
- 0 (Registered)
Cooling Tower Water Treatment
The Cooling Tower Water Treatment online PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses. Cooling water systems remove heat generated from a variety of industrial processes. There are three basic types of cooling water systems: once-through, open recirculating, and closed recirculating cooling water systems. This course provides guidance on water treatment requirements for the most common systems, once-through and open recirculating.
This course provides professional tools that will allow you to address water treatment issues associated with cooling towers in industrial applications.
This course is intended for mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the technologies, equipment and operational practices for treatment of cooling tower water.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Learn about once through cooling water systems;
- Learn about open recirculating cooling water systems;
- Learn about natural draft, induced draft, and forced draft cooling towers;
- Learn what the components of typical cooling towers are and their functions;
- Learn about drift eliminators and fill;
- Learn about water treatment requirements for enhanced and super-enhanced chiller condenser tubing ;
- Learn about the importance of controlling legionella bacteria;
- learn the relationship between evaporation, blowdown, and makeup; and
- Learn about cycles of concentration and how they are employed in cooling water treatment.