M-045 An Introduction To Solar Cooling Systems: 3 PDH
Description of the An Introduction To Solar Cooling Systems course
The An Introduction To Solar Cooling Systems online PDH course is a part of the Mechanical Engineering category of courses. This course will introduce you to solar-powered cooling systems for buildings. You will learn about absorption cooling systems, Rankine cycle heat engine cooling systems, desiccant cooling, and other solar-powered systems having potential for commercial applications. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of system sizing, controls, piping, pumps and valves, and solar collectors.
Building designers and construction professionals will be introduced by this course to the technology to the potential for using solar energy for space cooling of buildings, in addition to space heating and domestic hot water heating.
This course is intended for all engineers, architects and construction professionals who are members of the building design and construction team.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Learn when solar cooling may be practicable and cost-effective, and when it is unlikely to be so.
- Learn about the two refrigerant combinations that have been used most successfully in solar-powered absorption cooling systems.
- Learn the advantages the Rankine cycle heat engine has over the Stirling and Brayton cycle heat engines for solar cooling.
- Learn how the type of collector used affects and limits the design of solar-powered absorption systems.
- Learn how the means of delivery of the heated fluid to the absorption cooler affects and limits the design of solar-powered absorption systems.
- Learn why an absorption cooler that relies on on-off cycling for temperature control has a drastically reduced average coefficient of performance.
- Learn why a cooling tower is usually required as an element in a solar-powered absorption cooling system.
- Learn the fundamental difference between the closed-cycle absorption and Rankine systems, and an open-cycle desiccant system.
- Learn about the differences between a ventilation-mode desiccant system and a recirculation-mode desiccant system.
- Learn about other cooling methods that utilize solar heating equipment, but do not utilize the solar energy directly for cooling.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Mechanical Engineering category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 3 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 3 PDH online course, you will need to take a 15-question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self