MEWP: Aerial and Scissor Lifts
- 26 (Registered)
MEWP Aerial & Scissor Lift Online Training
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take the MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift course?
Using Mobile Elevated Work Platforms or MEWPs can be dangerous, if proper safety procedures are not followed. In the US, approximately 26 people die every year while using aerial lifts alone. Common hazards encountered include electrocution, falls, struck-by, caught in-between, and tip-overs of MEWPs.
The introduction of the new ANSI A92 suite of standards in the United States resulted in some important changes. The new ANSI A92 standard was developed to improve safety and efficiency for Mobile Elevated Work Platforms design and use of MEWPs, which were formerly referred to as aerial work platforms (AWPs). MEWP training is mandatory for every occupant, operator and supervisor of MEWPs. This course covers both OSHA and new ANSI A92 standards.
At the end of the course, following a successful completion of the test, the student can immediately download the Certificate of Completion. The trainee is also eligible to receive the wallet size training card that can be ordered here. Get certified today in 1 hour and stay compliant – OSHA can fine companies $10,000 or $25,000 for aerial lift violations. For repeated violations fines are several times higher.
Who Should Take the MEWP: Aerial and Scissor Lift Course?
This course is applicable for employees in the construction and general industries. Crane operators, lift operators, mechanics, project managers, tree trimmers, warehouse workers, and anyone using or supervising MEWPs use in their work place will benefit from taking this course.
This training is aimed towards occupants and operators of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe roles and responsibilities of entities involved in use of MEWP
- Understand hazards and available controls to mitigate hazardous situations
- Understand safe operating procedures when using a MEWP
- Familiar with required inspections of MEWP
- Understand OSHA and ASNI 92 training requirements
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR Terms & Conditions for online courses
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
- Eligible to receive the wallet size card following the successful completion of the course (order through link below)
Introduction to MEWP
MEWP Fatalities and Injuries
MEWP Hazards and Controls
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.01
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.02
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.03
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.04
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.05
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.06
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.07
- MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety 05.08
Safe Working Procedures
MEWP Aerial and Scissor Lift Safety: Final Assessment
not too terrible