OG-012 Petroleum Fuel Bulk Storage
- 10 (Registered)
Petroleum Fuel Bulk Storage
The Petroleum Fuel Bulk Storage 4 hour PDH online course is a part of the Oil & Gas category courses. This course provides guidance for the design of bulk fuel storage facilities, including bulk storage tanks and those components normally located within a typical bulk storage compound. These components include pipeline receiving facilities, tank truck and tank car receiving facilities, pipeline dispensing (pumping) facilities, tank truck and tank car loading facilities, and all related piping and equipment.
After completion of this course you will have an understanding of equipment and methods employed in petroleum storage facilities, including equipment for delivering, receiving and dispensing fuel.
This course is intended for mechanical and petroleum engineers, and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to bulk fuel storage facilities.
This online PDH course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about features of bulk fuel receiving facilities;
- Learn important considerations for fuel dispensing;
- Learn about the different valves employed in fuel piping systems;
- Learn about tank truck and tank car off-loading facilities;
- Learn about packaged off-loading systems;
- Learn how to design fuel dispensing facilities;
- Learn about proper pump and strainer selection
- Learn about check valve applications; and
- Learn where isolation valves are required.