OG-007 An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Storage Tanks: 4 PDH
Description of the An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Storage Tanks course
An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Storage Tanks 4 hour PDH online course is a part of the Oil & Gas category courses. This course provides guidance for the design of atmospheric storage tanks for storage of petroleum fuels. Underground and aboveground tanks in both horizontal and vertical configuration are discussed.
After completion of this course you will have an understanding of equipment and methods employed in petroleum storage facilities utilizing atmospheric storage tanks.
This course is intended for mechanical and petroleum engineers, and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to atmospheric storage tanks for storage of petroleum fuels.
This online PDH course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about design requirements for aboveground tank spill containment systems;
- Learn how underground and aboveground tank spill containment systems differ;
- Learn about the application of tank heaters and other appurtenances;
- Learn how to design underground vertical storage tanks;
- Learn the special requirements for underground horizontal storage tanks;
- Learn how to design horizontal protected tanks aboveground;
- Learn about the requirements for fire-resistant aboveground horizontal tanks;
- Learn the requirements for single-wall steel aboveground tanks;
- Find out the special design requirements for double-wall steel tanks;
- Learn general criteria and requirements for atmospheric storage tanks, and
- Learn about marine off-load fuel storage tanks.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This online PDH continuing education course is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Oil & Gas please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This continuing education | PDH course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 4 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 4 PDH online course, you will need to take a 25 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here
Do you need help choosing the right PDH course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
OG-007 An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Storage Tanks