RE-005 Solar Water Heating Fundamentals: 2 PDH
Description of the Solar Water Heating Fundamentals course
The Solar Water Heating Fundamentals online PDH course is a part of the Renewable Energy category of courses. This course provides an introduction to solar energy system fundamentals. A solar thermal energy collection system (or “solar system” for short) is defined as a set of equipment that intercepts incident solar radiation and stores it as useful thermal energy to offset or eliminate the need for fossil fuel consumption. Four basic functions are performed by a typical solar system and are discussed in this course.
This course is intended for mechanical engineers and other infrastructure design and construction professionals who want an introduction to the fundamentals of solar water heating systems for buildings and related facilities.
At the end of this online PDH course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the four basic functions performed by a typical solar system;
- Learn the components of the collector sub-system which intercepts incident solar radiation and transfers it as thermal energy to a working fluid;
- Learn about the elements of the storage sub-system which retains collected thermal energy for later use by the process load;
- Learn how the transport sub-system delivers energy from the collectors to storage;
- Learn how the control sub-system determines when enough energy is available for collection, and activates and controls the entire system to collect this energy until it is no longer available as a net energy gain;
- Learn about heating domestic hot water and low-temperature process water, which will normally be the most thermally efficient means of using solar energy;
- Learn the basic material considerations in solar energy systems; and
- Learn about flat-plate solar collectors, which are the most common type used.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This online PDH course is accepted as continuing education activity by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the course is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Renewable Energy category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 2 hours to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 2 PDH online course, you will need to take a 15 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
This course is accepted in all states mandating continuing education:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self