W-CE-010 Primary Wastewater Treatment
- 1 (Registered)
Primary Wastewater Treatment Webinar
The Primary Wastewater Treatment online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This webinar will cover the processes, equipment and design considerations for primary treatment of wastewater.
Wastewater treatment is usually characterized as consisting of four sequential processes: preliminary, primary, secondary and tertiary treatment. This webinar will introduce you to processes and equipment for primary treatment of wastewater. You will be introduced to descriptions, functions and design considerations for sedimentation tanks and clarifiers, chemical precipitation, and Imhoff tanks. You will learn how the primary treatment processes works together with the preliminary, secondary, tertiary and sludge handling processes to form a complete wastewater treatment plant.
This webinar is intended for civil and environmental engineers, technicians and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the processes, equipment and design considerations for the second phase of wastewater treatment….primary treatment.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain the function of primary sedimentation
- Use sedimentation tank design parameters
- Explain detention time for sedimentation tanks and clarifiers
- Discuss weir loading rates for sedimentation tanks
- Explain sludge and scum collection for rectangular and circular sedimentation tanks
- Calculate sedimentation tank size
- Discuss chemical precipitation using aluminum and iron salts, lime, and polyelectrolytes
- Calculate sludge production using chemical addition in primary sedimentation
- Explain functions and features of Imhoff tanks
- Describe typical characteristics of domestic sewage sludge