W-EE-001 Electric Power Generators
- 1 (Registered)
Electric Power Generators Webinar
The Electric Power Generators online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This webinar provides an introduction to electrical generators for power generating plants.
This webinar will give electrical engineers and others an introduction to the equipment and systems associated with power plant generators. The webinar will also give you tools to address the design of generator systems for electric power generating plants.
This course is intended for electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to generators for electric power generating plants.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- Typical Voltage Ratings and Systems
- Generator Leads and Switchyard
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe typical voltage ratings and systems;
- Discuss power plant service power systems;
- Describe the fundamentals of the common bus system;
- Describe the fundamentals of the unit type system;
- Apply design principles for station switchgear;
- List generator types and standards;
- Understand the basics of generator excitation voltage and systems;
- Understand generator leads and switch yards;
- Design the schematic configuration for a typical synchronizing bus;
- Design the schematic for a typical ring bus; and
- Describe segregated and isolated phase buses.