W-ME-001 Heating and Cooling Distribution Systems
- 1 (Registered)
Heating and Cooling Distribution Systems Webinar
The Heating and Cooling Distribution Systems online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This course will give engineers and others an understanding of some of the basic materials, systems, and configuration of piping, valving, manholes and drainage for systems that distribute hot water, steam, and chilled water for use in buildings and other facilities where heating and cooling are required.
This webinar covers design of heating and cooling distribution systems outside of buildings. It provides information about system selection, distribution media selection, and general distribution system design. Discussed are distribution systems in trenches, pre-engineered underground systems, prefabricated underground heating and cooling distribution systems, and above ground heat distribution systems. The information provided is applicable to high temperature hot water, low temperature hot water, low pressure steam, high pressure steam, and chilled water systems.
This course is intended for engineers, architects and construction professionals who want an introduction to the design of steam, hot water and chilled water distribution systems outside of buildings.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge gained in design of most common systems for distributing hot water, chilled water and steam outside of buildings.
- Understand the order of preference for high temperature water and steam/condensate distribution systems.
- Understand the order of preference for low temperature and chilled water distribution systems.
- Apply the basic requirements for plan and profile drawings for laying out distribution systems.
- Understand the basic details of valve manholes for distribution systems.
- Design the basic configuration of valve manholes and drainage sumps.
- Discuss the basics of electrical systems for drainage pumps..