W-CE-002 Design for Safety – Reinforced Concrete: 2 PDH
Description of the Design for Safety – Reinforced Concrete webinar
Design for Safety – Reinforced Concrete online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars.
Designers historically have not been familiar with the federal Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act) standards because they were rarely exposed to construction jobsite hazards. However, with the increasing roles that designers are playing on worksites, such as being part of a design-build team, it is becoming increasingly important that they receive construction safety training, including information about federal and state construction safety standards.
This webinar presents safe-design considerations pertaining to reinforced concrete design and construction. It contains specific examples of common workplace hazards related to construction and illustrates ways design can make a difference. A case study is included to facilitate class discussions. One section of slides presents the Prevention through Design (PtD) concept, another summarizes reinforced concrete design principles, and a third illustrates applications of the PtD concept to real-world construction scenarios.
This webinar is intended for civil and structural engineers, construction professionals and others interested in learning about how to design reinforced concrete structures for safety.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate application of the Prevention through Design (PtD) concept
- Identify workplace hazards and risks associated with design decisions and recommend design alternatives to alleviate or lessen those risks
- Integrate Occupational Safety and Health with the Design Process
- Incorporate design for safety tools available to engineers to ensure safety construction practices on site
- Apply principles of PtD to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of the public and maintain highest ethical and professional standards
- Distinguish and examine motivations, barriers, and enablers for implementing PtD on projects in order to enable safe construction practices
- Assess how PtD improves business value through reduction of time off for safety incidents
- Predict main hazards associated with reinforced concrete construction and devise constructible solution that minimize safety issues
- Apply PtD principles to reinforced concrete design to mitigate safety risks during construction through safe design practice
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in all states mandating continuing education as listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another webinar or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of webinars please click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 2 hours.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 2 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material presented with a minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self