W-CE-008 Frost Protected Shallow Foundations: 1 PDH
Description of the Frost Protected Shallow Foundations webinar
Frost Protected Shallow Foundations online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. A frost protected shallow foundation (FPSF) is a practical alternative to a deeper, more-costly foundation in cold regions with seasonal ground freezing and the potential for frost heave.
The International Residential Code® (IRC) includes prescriptive methods for constructing frost protected shallow foundations in heated buildings. By the IRC reference to ASCE 32-01 (American Society of Civil Engineers, Design and Construction of Frost-Protected Shallow Foundations, 2001), FPSFs in semi-heated and unheated buildings that meet the requirements of the IRC may also be designed and constructed.
The webinar provides methods for designing the FPSF, selecting insulating materials as well as its’ limits and typical applications. Both simplified FPSF design method and detailed FPSF design method (for both heated and unheated buildings) is introduced. The webinar also covers construction methodology and various construction details such as prevention of cold bridges, drainage, energy efficiency, frost protection during construction, calculation of R values as well as insulation protection.
This webinar is intended for use by civil, structural, mechanical and environmental engineers, architects, sustainability design and construction professionals and others interested in learning about the frost protected shallow foundations.
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand applications and limitations of the FPSF method
- Be able to explain different types of insulation available for use with FPSF method
- Understand and be able to apply minimum insulation requirements for heated buildings
- Understand and be able to design foundations by using a Simplified FPSF Method for Heated Buildings
- Understand and be able to design foundations by using a Detailed FPSF Method for Heated Buildings
- Be able to explain and use the step by step process for design using Detailed FPSF Method for Heated Buildings
- Understand and be able to design foundations by using a Detailed FPSF Method for Unheated Buildings
- Be able to explain and use the step by step process for design using Detailed FPSF Method for Unheated Buildings
- Understand and be able to apply construction details such as monolithic slab / slab on grade, independent slab and stem wall, unventilated crawlspace etc.
- Understand insulation requirement for energy conservation
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in all states mandating continuing education as listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another webinar or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of webinars please click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material presented with a minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self