W-CE-011 Secondary Wastewater Treatment: 1 PDH
Description of the Secondary Wastewater Treatment webinar
The Secondary Wastewater Treatment online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This is an introduction to design parameters and methods, equipment and processes for the secondary treatment of wastewater.
Wastewater treatment is usually characterized as consisting of four sequential processes: preliminary, primary, secondary and tertiary treatment. This course will introduce you to processes and equipment for secondary treatment of wastewater. You will be introduced to descriptions, functions and design considerations for trickling filter plants, activated sludge plants, and wastewater treatment ponds. You will learn how the secondary treatment processes work together with the preliminary, primary, tertiary and sludge handling processes to form a complete wastewater treatment plant.
This course is intended for civil, environmental and mechanical engineers, technicians and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the processes, equipment and design considerations for the third phase of wastewater treatment….secondary treatment.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Apply design basis and criteria for trickling filter plants
- Apply the different dosing intervals for different classifications of trickling filters
- Discuss the biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) efficiency of different classifications of trickling filters
- Explain how re-circulation increases BOD removal efficiency in high rate trickling filter processes.
- Draw the four common flow diagrams for single stage trickling filter plants.
- Draw the four common flow diagrams for two stage trickling filter plants.
- Explain why loading rate is the key design factor whether the surface application is continuous, intermittent, constant or varying rate.
- Explain the importance of ventilation in providing aerobic conditions for effective treatment.
- Discuss how performance of trickling filters will be affected by temperature changes in the wastewater and filter films.
- Apply design formulas for determining BOD removal efficiencies for single and two stage trickling filters.
- Describe the purpose of secondary sedimentation tanks.
- Explain the conventional plug-flow activated sludge process.
- Explain the step aeration activated sludge process.
- Describe the contact stabilization activated sludge process.
- Describe the completely-mixed activated sludge process.
- Explain closed-loop reactor (oxidation ditch) extended aeration process.
- Apply classifications of wastewater treatment ponds.
- Discuss shallow and aerated aerobic ponds.
- Discuss aerobic-anaerobic wastewater treatment ponds.
- Discuss facultative wastewater treatment ponds.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of our on-demand online webinars click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material covered and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self