W-CE-012 Wastewater Sludge Disposal: 1 PDH
Description of the Wastewater Sludge Disposal webinar
The Wastewater Sludge Disposal online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This is an introduction to processes and equipment for handling, treating and disposing of wastewater treatment process sludge.
This webinar will introduce you to processes and equipment for handling, treating and disposing of sludge produced by wastewater treatment plants. You will learn about sludge pumping, thickening, conditioning, dewatering, digestion, storage and final disposition. You will learn about loading parameters for gravity thickeners and operational parameters for air flotation thickeners. You will learn guidelines for chemical conditioning of sludges; and advantages, disadvantages and shortcomings of filter presses, basket centrifuges, and solid bowl decanter centrifuges. You will learn about design parameters for aerobic and standard and high-rate anaerobic sludge digesters.
This webinar is intended for civil and environmental engineers, technicians and construction professionals wanting an introduction to handling, treatment and disposal of sludge generated by wastewater treatment plants.
At the end of the webinar, you will:
- Learn the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of the four primary types of sludge pumps.
- Learn recommended pump types for primary, chemical precipitated, trickling-filter, activated, thickened and concentrated sludges.
- Learn about gravity and flotation thickening of sludges.
- Learn the mass loading guidelines for gravity thickeners.
- Learn operational parameters for flotation thickening of sludges.
- Learn how chemical conditioning is used to improve sludge dewaterability.
- Learn how heat can improve dewaterability of sludge.
- Learn about sludge dewatering using a belt filtration press.
- Learn the advantages, disadvantages, shortcomings and solutions to problems that may arise with belt filter presses.
- Learn design guidelines for sludge drying beds.
- Learn sludge moisture reduction using vacuum filtration.
- Learn about sludge dewatering using basket centrifuges.
- Learn about sludge dewatering using solid bowl centrifuges.
- Learn the advantages, disadvantages, shortcomings and solutions to problems that may arise with solid bowl decanter centrifuges.
- Learn about plate-and-frame filter presses.
- Learn about manual, semi-automatic and automatic controls for filter presses.
- Learn about continuous and intermittent batch aerobic sludge digestion.
- Learn about anaerobic sludge digestion.
- Learn design parameters for aerobic digestion using air.
- Learn design parameters for standard- and high-rate anaerobic digesters.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of our on-demand online webinars click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material covered and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self