W-CE-014 Wastewater Treatment Ponds Planning: 1 PDH
Description of the Wastewater Treatment Ponds Planning webinar
The Wastewater Treatment Ponds Planning online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This webinar will introduce you to the basic considerations in planning anaerobic, facultative and aerobic wastewater treatment ponds.
Wastewater treatment ponds existed and provided adequate treatment long before they were acknowledged as an “alternative” technology to mechanical plants in the United States. With legislative mandates to provide treatment to meet certain water quality standards, engineering specifications designed to meet those standards were developed, published and used by practitioners. The basic planning considerations of the various pond types are presented in this webinar
This webinar is intended for civil and environmental engineers who want to learn about planning for wastewater treatment ponds
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss anaerobic ponds that are deep impoundment, essentially free of dissolved oxygen (DO). The biochemical processes take place in deep basins, and such ponds are often used as preliminary treatment systems.
- Explain how anaerobic microorganisms convert organic materials into stable products, such as CO2 and CH4.
- Explain how the growth rate and metabolism of the methanogenic bacteria can be adversely affected by small fluctuations in pH substrate concentrations and temperature, but the performance of acid-forming bacteria is more tolerant of a wide range of conditions.
- Describe why the design of anaerobic ponds is often based on organic loading rates, surface or volumetric loading rates and derived from pilot plant studies and observations of existing operating systems.
- Describe technology associated with conventional facultative ponds to treat municipal and industrial wastewater.
- Classify aerobic ponds by the amount and source of O2 supplied, mainly through mechanical or diffused aeration rather than by algal photosynthesis.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of our on-demand online webinars click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material covered and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self