W-CE-017 Hazardous Waste Cleanup Alternatives: 1 PDH
Description of the Hazardous Waste Cleanup Alternatives webinar
The Hazardous Waste Cleanup Alternatives online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This webinar will introduce you to compliance with federal hazardous waste cleanup regulations.
The detailed analysis of alternatives consists of the analysis and presentation of the relevant information needed to allow decision makers to select a site remedy, not the decision-making process itself. During the detailed analysis, each alternative will be assessed against the evaluation criteria described in this chapter. The results of this assessment should be arrayed to compare the alternatives and identify the key trade-offs among them. This approach to analyzing alternatives is designed to provide decision-makers with sufficient information to adequately compare the alternatives, select an appropriate remedy for a site, and demonstrate satisfaction of the CERCLA remedy selection requirements in the record of decision (ROD).
This webinar is intended for civil and environmental engineers and other professional engineers and site managers wanting an introduction to methods and techniques for cleanup of hazardous waste sites.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Apply nine evaluation criteria that have been developed to address the CERCLA requirements and considerations;
- Explain how a detailed analysis provides the means by which facts are assembled and evaluated to develop the rationale for a remedy selection;
- Explain how the level of detail required to analyze each alternative against evaluation criteria will depend on the type and complexity of the site, the type of technologies and alternatives being considered, and other project-specific considerations;
- Describe the importance of the community’s apparent preferences among or concerns about alternatives;
- Describe how the overall protection of human health and the environment criterion provides a final check to assess whether each alternative provides adequate protection of human health and the environment;
- Describe how the long-term effectiveness and permanence evaluation of alternatives addresses the results of a remedial action in terms of the risk remaining at the site after response objectives have been met; and
- Explain how reduction of toxicity, mobility, or volume through treatment addresses the statutory preference for selecting remedial actions that employ treatment technologies that permanently and significantly reduce toxicity, mobility, or volume of the hazardous substances as their principal element.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of our on-demand online webinars click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material covered and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self