W-EE-002 Exterior Electrical Power Distribution: 1 PDH
Description of the Exterior Electric Power Distribution webinar
The Exterior Electric Power Distribution online PDH webinar is a part of our group of on-demand online webinars. This webinar is an introduction to the standards and practices for planning and design of exterior electrical distribution systems.
This webinar provides policy and guidance for design criteria and standards for electrical power and distribution systems. The information provided here must be utilized by electrical engineers in the development of the plans, specifications, and calculations, and must serve as the minimum electrical design requirements. It is applicable to the traditional electrical services customary for Design-Bid-Build construction contracts and for Design-Build construction contracts. Project conditions may dictate the need for a design that exceeds these minimum requirements. The design criteria and standards presented in this webinar are the minimum requirements acceptable for installations for efficiency, economy, durability, maintainability, and reliability of electrical power supply and distribution systems.
This webinar is intended for electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to exterior electrical power distribution systems.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Apply guidelines for selection of primary voltage;
- Discuss main electric supply station;
- Distinguish how design utilization electric supply stations differ from main electric supply stations;
- Explain primary unit substations to distribute underground medium voltage circuits;
- Apply design criteria for secondary unit substations;
- Apply guidelines for design and installation of pad-mounted transformers;
- Discuss medium voltage switchgear;
- Explain application of pad-mounted sectionalizing termination cabinets;
- Explain application and limitation guidelines for power factor correction or to minimize line losses;
- Apply “best practices” for exterior electric power distribution;
- Apply criteria for overhead power distribution lines;
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of copper versus aluminum conductors for exterior electrical power distribution;
- Determine when and where to apply surge arrestors;
- Explain the fundamentals of fuse protection; and
- Discuss underground electrical distribution systems.
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The webinar is accepted by the Professional Engineering boards in states listed on this page. In an unlikely case the webinar is not accepted by the board listed on this page, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course or webinar of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of our on-demand online webinars click here.
Length of the Webinar / Activity
This webinar duration is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online webinar, you will need to take a 10-question multiple choice quiz based on the material covered and pass with minimum score of 70%. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion.
The above webinar is accepted in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY
For detailed state by state requirements click here.
Do you need help choosing the right webinar or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which webinars are most relevant for you and create a customary webinar package.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self