CE-017 Installation of Post‐Tensioning Tendons
- 4 (Registered)
Installation of Post-Tensioning Tendons
This PDH online course is a part of the Civil Engineering course category.
One of the major advancements in bridge construction in the United States in the second half of the twentieth century was the development and use of prestressed concrete. Prestressed concrete bridges offer a broad range of engineering solutions and a variety of aesthetic opportunities.
This online course provides guidance in the design, installation, grouting and inspection of post-tensioning tendons for prestressed concrete bridges. This course is intended for use by civil and structural engineers, construction professionals and others interested in learning about post-tensioning methodology of construction.
This course is based upon USDOT Federal Highway Administration manual FHWA-NHI-13-026 “Post-Tensioning Tendon Installation and Grouting Manual”
At the end of the course, you will learn about:
- Benefits and principles of post-tensioning and prestressing
- Determine types of bridges where post-tensioning system could be applied
- Post-tensioning system materials and components
- Post-tensioning duct and tendon installation
- Grouting of post-tensioning tendons
- Corrosion protection of post-tensioning tendons