A-001 A Guide to Building Earth Homes
- 13 (Registered)
A Guide to Building Earth Homes
The A Guide to Building Earth Homes online PDH course is a part of the Building Design category of courses. This course provides guidance on building earth homes, such as adobe, rammed earth or pressed block houses. This type of houses have been made (in similar form) for thousands of years and have been used in a variety of forms. The course discusses selection of earth to be used for this kind of construction and gives guidance on how and where to build these homes. It gives information on how to select and construct foundations and roofs for earth homes, as well as construction of the earth walls themselves.
This course is intended for use by architects, civil and structural engineers and land surveyors, construction professionals and others interested in learning about building earth homes.
This course is based upon the Peace Corps manual “A Handbook for Building Homes of Earth”.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand different types of earth made houses
- Different types of soils to be used in construction of earth homes
- Where and how to build earth homes
- Materials for other elements of earth made houses (foundations, roofs etc.)
- Understand how different types of earth walls are built
- Protection of earth homes with coatings
Very Good Content