CE-008 Pavement Design for Roads, Streets, Walks
- 19 (Registered)
Pavement Design for Roads, Streets, Walks
This PDH online course is a part of the Civil course category. This 7 PDH online course provides guidelines and criteria for the design of pavements for roads, streets, walks, and open storage areas.
This course provides guidance and criteria for plain concrete, reinforced concrete, flexible pavements, and design for seasonal frost conditions. These criteria include subgrade and base requirements, thickness designs, and compaction requirements, criteria for stabilized layers, concrete pavement joint details, and overlays.
This course is intended for use by civil engineers, project managers, construction professionals and others interested in learning about design for roads, streets and walkways.
Upon completion of this course, you will learn about:
- Site investigation needed for design of roads and pavements
- Effect of vehicular traffic on pavement design
- Flexible pavement subgrade, sub-base and base course design and preparation
- Bituminous pavements
- Flexible pavement design
- Rigid pavement subgrade and base course design and preparation
- Plain and reinforced concrete pavements
- Pavement overlays
- Joints in concrete pavements
- Roller-compacted concrete pavements
- Design for frost conditions