CE-010 Skid-resistant Airport Pavement Surfaces
- 0 (Registered)
Skid-resistant Airport Pavement Surfaces
This PDH online course is a part of the Civil course category. This course contains guidelines and procedures for the design and construction of skid-resistant pavement, pavement evaluation with friction measuring equipment, and maintenance of high skid-resistant pavements.
Under certain conditions, hydroplaning or unacceptable loss of traction can occur, resulting in poor braking performance and possible loss of directional control. To address this concern, several research projects were conducted concentrated in two major areas: (a) high skid resistant pavement surface design and evaluation and (b) application of proper maintenance techniques and procedures. This course provides guidelines on how to locate and restore areas on the pavement surface where friction has deteriorated below acceptable levels for aircraft braking performance.
This course is intended for use by civil and structural engineers, materials scientists and engineers, construction professionals and others interested in learning about skid-resistance airport pavement surfaces.
Upon completion of this course, you will learn about:
- Design and construction of skid-resistant pavements, such as hot-mix asphalt and Portland Cement Concrete pavements
- Runway grooving to increase skid-resistance
- Pavement evaluation through Continuing Friction Measuring Equipment (CFMF)
- Conducting friction evaluation with CFMF
- Conducting texture depth measurements
- How to maintain high-skid resistance of pavements