ELR-007 Ethics for Florida Professional Engineers: 1 PDH
- Ethics, Laws & Rules
- 31 (Registered)
Description of Ethics for Florida Professional Engineers course
The Ethics for Florida Professional Engineers online PDH course is a part of the Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses.
Professional Ethics is a set of standards defined by the professional community which provides a guide for behavior that is expected from the professional. The purpose of this course is to familiarize oneself to the professional standards that apply to the engineering profession. Violating the professional standards of behavior can have financial and legal consequences.
This course covers the following topics as required by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers:
- Codes of ethics for ethical decision making as applied to the practice of engineering
- The importance of ethics at professional and personal level
- The engineer’s obligations to society, clients, and the profession
- Ethical dilemmas encountered in engineering practice
- Application of professional ethics to decision making through hypothetical or illustrative examples
This Ethics course is intended to fulfill Florida Board of Professional Engineer’s ethics requirement and is based on ASCE’s Code of Ethics.
This course is intended for use by all engineering professionals, students and others interested in learning about Engineering Code of Ethics.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what a code of ethics is and why it is important
- Distinguish between professional and personal ethics
- Understand ethical dilemmas and how to address them
- List the fundamental ethical principles for Professional Engineers
- List the fundamental canons of the Code of Ethics for Professional Engineers
- Explain Professional Engineer’s ethical guidance of practice
- Describe professional obligations related to Engineering Code of Ethics
- Understand consequences of unethical behavior through review of real life disciplinary cases
Refunds and Cancellation Policies
The course is accepted by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers. In an unlikely case the continuing education credit is rejected by the Florida board, we will refund the full payment and will pay for you to take another course of equivalent monetary and PDH / CEU value. For complete list of courses related to Ethics, Laws and Rules category of courses please click here.
Length of the Course / Activity
This course is intended to be studied at self-pace and it should take on average of 1 hour to read and be able to comprehend the material to successfully past the online quiz
Evaluation method / Course Quiz
To receive the certificate of completion for the above 1 PDH online course, you will need to take a 10 question multiple choice quiz based on the reference material supplied and pass with minimum score of 70%. You would also need to confirm that you have taken the test on your own without any help from others in a second 1-question quiz. There is no time limit for the quiz and it can be taken multiple times until a passing score of 70% is achieved
Certificate of Completion
Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the quiz you will receive and be able to print your Certificate of Completion as a record of your continuing education. PDH Star will keep a record of your certificate for the duration as required by your state of licensure. You will be able to log on to your account and view and print your past Certificate of Completion
This course is specifically created to address Florida state continuing education requirements and is approved and accepted by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
For detailed state by state requirements click here
Do you need help choosing the right course or package for you? Please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to provide guidance on which courses are most relevant for you and create a customary course package
ELR-007 Ethics for Florida Professional Engineers
It was fine