2-Hour Tool Box Talks
- NYC DOB SST, SST Prescribed Courses
- 327 (Registered)
2 Hour Tool Box Talks Site Safety Training Online Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take the 2 hour Tool Box Talks course?
The 2 Hour Tool Box Talk online SST course provides training on Tool Box Talks, and on-the-job safety meeting that highlights safety topics related to the specific job, such as workplace hazards and safe work practices. These are normally short meetings and are typically held at the job site before starting a job or work shift. It is a very effective method to remind workers of relevant safety hazards, cover last minute safety checks, and hear about lessons learned from more experienced workers. Toolbox talks also promote health and safety discussions on the job site, and improve the safety culture in the work place.
This 2 Hour Tool Box Talks online SST course is a NYC DOB SST Prescribed Course and contributes 2 hours of SST training towards the 62 Hour Supervisor SST card.
This course is actively proctored through facial biometric recognition that satisfies the requirements of the Local Law 196.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the need for effective Tool Box Talks
- Educate others on the role of Tool Box Talks to:
- Reinforce an employer’s training efforts
- Keep safety & health at the forefront in minds of workers
- Prepare Tool Box Talks based on situation & needs of adult learners
- Obtain and use feedback effectively during Tool Box Talks
- Describe how frequent, effective Tool Box Talks increase comradery, communication and overall jobsite culture
Lesson 1: What is a Toolbox Talk?
Lesson 2: Toolbox Talk Leader
Lesson 3: Components of a Toolbox Talk
Lesson 4: Preparing for Your Toolbox Talk
Lesson 5: Conducting the Toolbox Talk
Lesson 6: Potential Human Error Traps
Lesson 7: Templates for Toolbox Talks
Lesson 8: Additional Resources
Lesson 9: Create your own Toolbox Talk
Lesson 10: Course Summary
The 3 question practice quiz made no sense. Why would I talk do carpenters about drugs and alcohol when there's hoists pulling up forms and fall risk? Same for the last one, guardrails ARE fall prevention.
Good knowledge information
Easy it wasn't Hard.